Rostered Ministers, Lay Mission Developers and Interns:
We look forward to sharing time and stories with you and our presenters at Seabeck Conference Center on beautiful Hood Canal. We will welcome Vance Blackfox, Director of ELCA Indigenous Ministries & Tribal Relations AND local Indigenous Elders and leaders, Jay "Jeremiah" Julius, Kay Knott, and Jay Bowen. (Read about our presenters HERE.)
Our primary TWO DAY event begins at 11am on MONDAY, April 24 and concludes at 10:30am on Wednesday, April 26.
We are also offering the opportunity to arrive at 4pm on SUNDAY for a THREE DAY event - there will be no formal programming on Sunday, simply a time for indivuidual quiet refection and rest.
We have A FEW MORE REGISTRATIONS SPOTS LEFT - Join us!
- Cost includes program, housing, and meals.
- There are various price-points available ($295-420), depending on length of stay, double/single occupancy, and the building. At this time, we are not offering single rooms in the newer buildings.
- A word about payment: the online registration form only gives you the choice to pay by check. To pay by check - please send payment to indicated address by April 14.
- HOWEVER, YOU MAY ALSO PAY WITH CREDIT CARD separately on our Tithe.ly giving app! To make your credit card payment go here: www.lutheransnw.org/give. (Please note that we are encouraging those who use credit card payment option to cover the bank's cost of doing so by selecting "cover fees" when making that payment.)
- Please note: room assignments will be made based on date of registration/receipt of payment.
- Are there scholarships available? YES. Scholarships will be available through the Bishop’s Caring Fund. Please email the bisop (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE registering. You will then receive information on how to proceed with registration.
- Will dietary restrictions be accommodated? YES. The good folks at Seabeck offer these four special diets: vegetarian, vegan, non-celiac gluten free, dairy free - or a combination of any/all of these. Please indicate which diet(s) you may need on the registration form. There is a guest fridge for our use if you need to supplement your meal outside of these menu designations. If you have life-threatening allergies the kitchen should be made aware of, please email that info to email@example.com.
- May my spouse/partner join me? YES! Please register and pay for your spouse as an additional participant when registering.
- Find the schedule below.
- Never been to Seabeck? Check out their website at www.seabeck.org.
- Questions? Please reach out to Susan at 206-783-9292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4pm – Check-in for three-day event
- 6pm – Dinner for 3-day participants; evening on your own
- 8am – Breakfast for 3-day participants; morning on your own
- 11am - Check in for two-day event
- 12noon - Lunch at noon
- 1pm - Gathering worship, overview, introductions
- 2-4pm – Session One: The Blanket Exercise, Vance Blackfox
- 4-6pm - Free time
- 6pm - Dinner
- 7-9pm – Session Two: Presentation by Vance Blackfox
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am - Worship
- 9:30am - State of the Synod w/ Bishop
- 10am-12noon – Session Three: Presentations by Jay Julius & Kay Knott
- Noon - Lunch
- 1-3pm – Session Four: Panel Presentation with Vance Blackfox, Jay Julius, Kay Knott, Jay Bowen
- 3-5pm - Free time
- 5pm - Social hour
- 6pm - Dinner
- 7-9pm – Session Five: Sacred Art - time of reflection with Jay Bowen
- 8am – Breakfast
- 9am – Gathering and Wrap Up
- 9:30am - Closing Worship
- 10:30am - Departure