While the Synod Personnel Committee is not listed in the Synod Constitution, it is an “official” committee created by the Synod Council and members are appointed by the Synod Council. The Personnel Committee provides assistant to the Synod office and congregations in regard to interactions with roster leaders. Duties of the Personnel Committee are to:
- Review and adjust the Compensation Guidelines for rostered ministers each year, making necessary changes. (These are shared via email in the late fall with congregations and rostered ministers AND posted on the synod website.)
- Conduct the Bishop's Annual Evaluation in association with self-evaluation and goal-setting for the coming year.
- Review personnel policies of the NWWA Synod each year and update policies and guidelines for rostered personnel and other church employees as deemed necessary.
- Monitor Synod Employee Handbook and recommend changes to the Synod Council.
- Participate as requested by the Synod Bishop and/or Synod Council in the hiring of Synod office staff.
The Committee meets quarterly on the third Thursday in January, April, July or August and October. Additional meetings may be called as needed. Meetings may be by Zoom, in person and/or combination of both. These meetings are posted in the weekly update email and on the synod website calendar.
Contact: Fred Row, Committee Chair - or - Pr. Andy Yee, Assistant to the Bishop