The 2022 Synod Assembly was held Saturday, June 4 at Trinity Lutheran Church, Lynnwood
- We gathered under the theme: Abound in Hope
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom 15:13)
- The day included worship, reports from synod and churchwide leaders, elections, resolutions, and ministry anniversary celebrations.
THANK YOU to:
- All the volunteers & leaders who worked to make this assembly beautiful, joy-filled, and smooth!
- All attendees - thank you for sharing your time, energy, and passion for Christ's church.
- Want to re-live it? You may watch the recording of the livestream HERE.
AGENDA & RULES to guide our time together
- Resolutions (and memorials) are one way to enable this church to address broad policy issues or issues important to God’s mission. We received three resolutions for the assembly to consider:
- Resolution A - Reparations & Land Return - final version with minor editorial changes - PASSED
- Resolution B - Call for review of granting disability status to person experiencing Mental Illness - PASSED
- Resolution C- Audit of Constitutions, Bylaws, and Continuing Resolutions of The ELCA - PASSED as AMENDED in third resolve.
- Also lifted up during the resolutions time: in 1994 the ELCA adopted the social message Community Violence, calling for advocacy to end the cycle of violence in the U.S. Twenty-eight years later, this message is still relevant and is a resource for our journey. Find more information and resources HERE.
NOMINATIONS & ELECTIONS
- THANK YOU to all who allowed their names to go forward for these roles.
- Congratulations to these persons, elected at the 2022 Synod Assembly:
- Synod Vice President - Kay Edgerton (2nd four-year term)
- Synod Secretary - Rev. Netsie Griffith (four-year term)
- Council – Lay Man, POC - Salvador Cossio (three-year term)
- Council – Rostered Minister - Rev. Hector Garfias-Toledo (2nd three-year term)
- Council – Lay Woman - Cindy Shultz (three-year term)
- Council – Lay Man - Shane Lambing (three-year term)
- Find all Nominee Bios HERE
Synod and Churchwide Reports
During our Assembly Worship, we will be gathering an offering for these two designations:
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest (to support refugees) 80%
- Bishop's Caring Fund (supports rostered ministers with financial assistance for scholarships, counseling, etc.) 20%
- We will have a tally posted soon...
- You may still give online here.
Stories of Hope
Synod Committee & Extended Ministry Partner Reports (NOTE: videos will be posted following the assembly) Additional Information-Only Items - we will NOT be using these during the assembly business.
Our Assembly Logo
Learn more about our logo artist, Bobbi Jo Cyr, HERE
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +